Pen Harris

Default Mail Merge - Labels - Text Direction

Dear All,

I have recently moved to Micosoft Word 2003 and now have problems mail
merging labels.

I have just tried again and got as far as selecting my recipients. When the
screen changed, the labels all showed the text "Next Record" but with the
text running down the label and not across it. I've looked at Text Direction
in Format but that shows it running across.

Please could someone tell me what is going on and how to stop this happening?

Many thanks
Pen

Pen Harris
Programmes Administrator
UniS
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UGVuIEhhcnJpcw==?=,

I have recently moved to Micosoft Word 2003 and now have problems mail
merging labels.

I have just tried again and got as far as selecting my recipients. When the
screen changed, the labels all showed the text "Next Record" but with the
text running down the label and not across it. I've looked at Text Direction
in Format but that shows it running across.

It sounds as if the labels have a right-indent setting that's very far into the
table cell. If you click in such a label, and take a look at the ruler, do you
see an upwards pointing "pyramid" (pentagon, actually)? Try dragging that
towards the right, and see if it helps?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Mail Merge Word 2003 Issue S.Nicks Mailmerge 5 February 20th 09 01:55 AM
30 page mail merge labels only prints one page? bdhamer Mailmerge 2 October 13th 05 05:07 AM
Word Labels into Mail Merge Labels GG Katie Mailmerge 1 January 24th 05 11:12 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Why can't I use Mail Merge Wizard with Avery 2160 labels?. Andy39 Mailmerge 1 December 10th 04 02:19 AM