echogramm

Default Why do I only get error messages when I try to attach and Excel, M

Trying to mail merge labels. When I attempt to attach my excel, MS database
or a spreadsheet I only get error messages. With the db, it tells me I have
to get rid of a formula (but this is only names and addresses and dues paid).
With xl I just get message that Work can't attach this program or something
like that. I'm not exactly techie person but several people have tried to
help for last 2 wks with no success.

echogramm

Well, I went to you site and find it extremely helpful but doesn't solve this
problem. When I try to use the MSdb for labels I get the office asst. saying
"Office cannot use Works files that contain formulas for mail merge. Remove
the formula from this file to use it as a data source".

echogramm wrote:
Trying to mail merge labels. When I attempt to attach my excel, MS
database or a spreadsheet I only get error messages. With the db, it
tells me I have to get rid of a formula (but this is only names and
addresses and dues paid). With xl I just get message that Work can't
attach this program or something like that. I'm not exactly techie
person but several people have tried to help for last 2 wks with no
success.

Graham Mayor

Essentially Works is incompatible with Word, although there is a lashup in
the form of an nextremely buggy add-in that allows some integration. The
only way to get this to work properly is to export the Works database from
Works into a format that Word can understand, eg dbf or csv.