Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Josette

Default How to print colored documents in black and white?

I copied a picture on to a Microsoft Word document and would like to print
the document in black and white. Is there a way that I can do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Sure. Select the picture. The Picture toolbar should appear (if it
doesn't, then click View Toolbars Picture). Click the second
button on that toolbar to get the dropdown menu.

If the picture is a photograph, you probably want to choose Grayscale
from the menu. There's also a Black and White choice on the menu,
which is more appropriate for line drawings.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 04:26:01 -0700, Josette
wrote:

I copied a picture on to a Microsoft Word document and would like to print
the document in black and white. Is there a way that I can do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And note two things about this: (1) the change is reversible (so you can
change the picture back to color if you later want to print it that way),
and (2) if you want to leave it in color, there is usually a setting in the
printer Properties to allow you to print color documents in black. And of
course if you're using a monochrome printer, you'll get grayscale
automatically.