Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sarah M Sarah M is offline

Default How can I number every other page?

I want to skip every other page when I number - like number page 1, skip next
page, then number the 3rd page as page 2. Or maybe custom number as 1, 1.5,
2, etc?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Spiral Spiral is offline

Double click at the bottom of the page and a header & footer tab will appear,
called "Design". Check the box next to "Different odd & even pages". Then
you can click on the "Page Number" button towards the left side of the
toolbar and select how you want your pages numbered.

"Sarah M" wrote:

I want to skip every other page when I number - like number page 1, skip next
page, then number the 3rd page as page 2. Or maybe custom number as 1, 1.5,
2, etc?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You could insert a calculated page field in the header or footer. Press
Alt+F9 to turn on display of field codes. Put the the following field
in the header or footer:

{ = 0.5 * { PAGE } + 0.5 }

Don't type the curly braces; enter them by pressing Ctrl+F9. When
you're done creating the fields, press Alt+F9 again to switch back to
display of field results.

If you put this calculated page field in a regular header or footer,
then sequential pages will be numbered 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, etc.

If you put this calculated page field in an odd-page header or footer,
then odd pages will be numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, etc., and even pages will
not be numbered. In Word 2003 or earlier, you can choose "Different odd
and even" headers and footers in File | Page Setup | Layout tab. In
Word 2007, look in Insert tab | Header and Footer group | Header &
Footer Tools | Design tab | Options group.

Sarah M wrote:

I want to skip every other page when I number - like number page 1, skip next
page, then number the 3rd page as page 2. Or maybe custom number as 1, 1.5,
2, etc?

splashdaddy splashdaddy is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield-n-odie [MVP] View Post
You could insert a calculated page field in the header or footer. Press
Alt+F9 to turn on display of field codes. Put the the following field
in the header or footer:

{ = 0.5 * { PAGE } + 0.5 }
You sir have saved my bacon and I am in your debt, many thanks!