Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Darryl K. Simonds Darryl K. Simonds is offline

Default Adding characters to a font

I am looking to add a character to an already established font.

Within Word 2007 I have the Black Chancery font. For something that I am
writing, I am using this font but it is lacking a character that I'd like to
use: æ (and the capitol version, Æ).

How would I go abouthaving this added? If I need to contact someone to
request this, who would I contact?

(As to using a different font that includes this character, there is no
other font that has the same aesthetics that I am looking for.)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the character does not exist in the font extended character set, then you
would need font editing software to add it. eg
http://www.high-logic.com/fontcreator.html
Or you could try an EQ field to combine A and E eg A{EQ \d \ba3 (E)} (you
might have to adjust the '3' to give the required spacing.