Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RichardOnRails RichardOnRails is offline

Default Lost the "hot key" links to my macros

Hi,

A week ago I had recorded macros H1, H2 ... in a document. In the
process, I assigned them to keyboard strokes Alt-1, Alt-2 ...

Today I opened the document and find the keyboard strokes Alt-1 ... do
nothing. I checked the macros and see they are still defined as they
were.

Q1: Why didn't the the keyboard assignment persist?

Q2: How can I recreate the keyboard assignments without going through
the complete re-recording process?

I'm running MS Office 2003 XP3 over WinXP-Pro/SP2. AFIK I only use
Normal Template.

Thanks in Advance,
Richard
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Richard

RichardOnRails wrote:
A week ago I had recorded macros H1, H2 ... in a document. In the
process, I assigned them to keyboard strokes Alt-1, Alt-2 ...

Today I opened the document and find the keyboard strokes Alt-1 ... do
nothing. I checked the macros and see they are still defined as they
were.

Q1: Why didn't the the keyboard assignment persist?

if you recorded the macros "to" your Normal.dot, then the keyboard
assignments should still be there. Go to Tools | Customize, keyboard,
and first check if they are assigned to something else.

Q2: How can I recreate the keyboard assignments without going through
the complete re-recording process?

In the above dialog, you can also (re-)assign them.

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RichardOnRails RichardOnRails is offline

On Jul 25, 6:21 pm, "Robert M. Franz (RMF)"
wrote:
Hello Richard

RichardOnRails wrote:
[...]

/ \ in e-mail & news | Word |http://www.masteringword.eu/

Hi Robert,

Go to Tools | Customize, keyboard,

and first check if they are assigned to something else.

That was just what I needed. I never noticed the "keyboard" choice in
that dialog. Both the macros and their respective keyboard
assignments where all there. I must have been using Crtl-x instead of
my original specification Alt-x.

Thank you very much for your excellent advice.

Best wishes,
Richard