Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Style Council Style Council is offline

Default Word hyperlinks to Excel worksheets

Hello, I have found some good entries for creating links in Word to Excel;
however, none are working for me. I am using Office 2007. In one suggestion
on this board, it mentions going to A1 in Excel and Insert--Name--define. I
do not see that path/option in Excel 2007. I have also tried the #and name of
worksheet tagged on the end of the path, but that doesn't work, either. The
links all take me to the Excel spreadsheet - but only to the worksheet (tab)
I was last on.

Are there differences in how this works for the 2007 version? It's
frustratintg and I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks very much.
--
Kevin Sedelmeier
Technical Writer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In one suggestion
on this board, it mentions going to A1 in Excel and
Insert--Name--define. I
do not see that path/option in Excel 2007

In Excel 2007, you need the Formulas tab, Defined Names panel, where both
Define Name and Name Manager are likely to be useful. Be careful, because
Names in Excel can be defined at the workbook or worksheet level.

Here, I can make a link like

{ HYPERLINK "C:\\Users\\pjj.DOMAINX\\Documents\\Book1.xlsx#She et2!R10C8" }

to go to Sheet2!R10C8

and

{ HYPERLINK "C:\\Users\\pjj.DOMAINX\\Documents\\Book1.xlsx#myt arget" }

to go to an Excel range named mytarget at the workbook level. If mytarget is
defined with a particular worksheet as its scope, the hyperlink will only
work if that sheet was the active sheet when you closed the workbook.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Style Council" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Style Council Style Council is offline

Thanks, Peter. That did the trick. I appreciate the help.
--
Kevin Sedelmeier
Technical Writer