t2true

Default New Office Document to Start menu

I recently had to reinstall XP on my laptop. Before that, there was an
option to create a new office document on the start menu. Now there
isn't.
What do I need to do to get that option back on the start menu?
I know I can add a shortcut to the start menu, but I don't know what
file to put there to launch the new document window.

Thanks

--
t2true
Marcster

Hi t2true,

The shortcut I think your looking for is:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\osa10.exe" -n

the -n switch opens the New Office Document dialog
-f switch opens the Open Office Document dialog
-o switch opens the Office Shortcut bar.

Hope that helps.

--
Marcster
t2true

I don't have that file on my laptop. I don't even have that folder. The
folder that is similar is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11.
I'm running Office 2003. Does that make a difference?

Thanks

--
t2true
Marcster

t2true,

Have a look at this link:

Hope this helps,

Marcster.

--
Marcster

putting a pull down menu in a document scottmary2005 Microsoft Word Help 4 March 11th 08 05:57 AM
Problem with Linked Document Word 2003 SP1 Office Professional Edi Lois Morrett Microsoft Word Help 1 August 20th 05 04:03 PM
Office 2000 Word tool bars and menu bars disappeared 405Jack Microsoft Word Help 1 August 14th 05 02:29 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
MS Office 2003 Word Document Icons dhprof Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 04 06:33 PM