Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ketchup

Default page numbering and "hidden sections"

I regularly have a problem with page numbering in word documents. Many of my
documents have several sections in them (both continuous and next page). -
The reason being is we use a 2 column template. - but like the Heading 1 to
continue accross both columns at the start of a page.
the are times when a pic or a table might also be included - and again - put
it into a one column section. THE PROBLEM - that sometimes occurs is that a
section that exists only in the middle of the page decides that it will start
the page numbering for that section from 1. - not being able to get to the
footer of the section I'm unable to change this. I've been trying the "go
to" option to find the hidden section, but not sure where I can change this
setting. I do have a feeling I might need to go into the VBA editor and just
tweek something - but I'm not sure. - Does that explain my problem? does
anyone have a nice fix for it?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

You don't need to get to the header or footer. It's sufficient to select
within the intervening section, then use Insert Page Numbers ... Click
Format, then check 'Continue from previous'

"ketchup" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ketchup

Thanks
that does seem to work for some sections - but there must be something that
is misbehaving somewhere. - Each page is now numbered as 2 - from about 1/2
way into the doc. I selected all the text and did as you suggested but it
didn't seem to help. As its page 2 and not page 1 - I feel that there must be
somthing being page 1 somewhere!
I went to the doc set up to check that there was no rule - such as restart
numbering at each new section or something.
What I did to get it working was to remove all section breaks from the end -
back until the numbering was right - and then went through and formatted
again - but this seems like the lng way around - I feel there must be a
quicker fix