Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WPenfold WPenfold is offline

Default Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2

Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word
2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it
opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for
..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to
change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions?