Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie[_2_] Leslie[_2_] is offline

Default macros and auto texts/corrects

I am switching to a new computer at a medical office. I have multiple macros
that I use with transcription, as well as auto-corrects and auto-texts, that
are stored in my computer. How to I transfer these to the new computer, to
avoid having to retype them all over again? At the very least, I would like
to print a list of the auto-texts to retype. Is there a file somewhere that I
can copy to the new machine?

Technical info: Word version 2000, on a Windows 2000 network.

TIA for your help!
--
Leslie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Leslie wrote:
I am switching to a new computer at a medical office. I have multiple
macros that I use with transcription, as well as auto-corrects and
auto-texts, that are stored in my computer. How to I transfer these
to the new computer, to avoid having to retype them all over again?
At the very least, I would like to print a list of the auto-texts to
retype. Is there a file somewhere that I can copy to the new machine?

Technical info: Word version 2000, on a Windows 2000 network.

TIA for your help!

Macros and AutoText entries are stored in templates, by default in
Normal.dot. Formatted AutoCorrect entries are also stored in Normal.dot,
while unformatted ones are stored in .ACL files. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm for instructions.
Back up the files on the old computer, then copy them (via network,
diskettes, CD/DVD, or USB stick) to the same folders on the new computer.

To copy all the AutoText entries into a document that you can then print,
download the AutoTextDumper.zip file from http://jay-freedman.info, unzip
the template it contains into your Templates folder, open it, and click the
button on the floating toolbar to run the macro.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman