Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rathish Rathish is offline

Default Protecting the form field from deletion

Hi,
I have a document with lots of form field and an area to write the text. If
i protect the document it protects my form fields from editing but allows the
user to delete. Is there any way to protect the document from deleting the
fields.
--
Thanks & Regards
Rathish
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you have applied forms protection, users shouldn't be able to delete any
form fields.

Note that if you added an unprotected section, you cannot have any fields in
that section, since the user would be able to delete them (and they wouldn't
work the way you would expect form fields to work either).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rathish" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a document with lots of form field and an area to write the text.
If
i protect the document it protects my form fields from editing but allows
the
user to delete. Is there any way to protect the document from deleting
the
fields.
--
Thanks & Regards
Rathish

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rathish Rathish is offline

Hi Sir,
Thanks For the reply. Let me give you more details regarding my problem.

The protected column have 2 different sections one for writing which is
allowable and second section which needs to be protected.
now let me brief you what i do so that if i am doing something wrong you can
point out, i go to Tools Protect documentEditing restrictions check
allow only this type of editing Filling of forms uncheck the sections
Yes Start enforcing protection.

I cannot edit the field but i can delete the field.

--
Thanks & Regards
Rathish

"Rathish" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a document with lots of form field and an area to write the text.
If
i protect the document it protects my form fields from editing but allows
the
user to delete. Is there any way to protect the document from deleting
the
fields.
--
Thanks & Regards
Rathish

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you protect the document for filling in forms, the user will only be able
to enter text into the formfields; nowhere else in the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Rathish" wrote in message
Hi,
Please help me out.

"Rathish" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a document with lots of form field and an area to write the
text.
If
i protect the document it protects my form fields from editing but
allows
the
user to delete. Is there any way to protect the document from
deleting
the
fields.
--
Thanks & Regards
Rathish

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rathish Rathish is offline

Thanks for the reply but situation here is just the opposite.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

If you protect the document for filling in forms, the user will only be able
to enter text into the formfields; nowhere else in the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Rathish" wrote in message
Hi,
Please help me out.

"Rathish" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a document with lots of form field and an area to write the
text.
If
i protect the document it protects my form fields from editing but
allows
the
user to delete. Is there any way to protect the document from
deleting
the
fields.
--
Thanks & Regards
Rathish

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Put a text field in the first column and protect the lot. You cannot have a
section break in the middle of a page that only applies to one column.

Rathish wrote:
[...]

"Rathish" wrote in message
Hi,
Please help me out.