Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zack91 zack91 is offline

Default Word Attachments

I am unable to open e-mail attachments that have the suffix .doc. I am able
to open all other types of documents.

I use Word 2003 and XP home. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
--
zack91
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Apart from the inadvisabilty of opening Word documents directly from e-mail
messages (especially if you intend to edit them), the problem concerns the
file association in the registry - First see how to re-register Word when
problems crop up opening files
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm and if that doesn't
fix it select a document in Windows Explorer, right click and choose Open
with...

From the ensuing dialog select Word (winword.exe) and check the box to
always open with this application.