Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gil gil is offline

Default plain autotext formatting

Hi All,

I sometimes have trouble getting the autotext Not to be formatted. Usually if I select just the word or phrase itself and not the
formatting of the next word, it comes out as plain formatting. But not always.

Suggestions?

tia
Gil
TenSecondMedicalRecord.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're really talking about AutoText (not AutoCorrect), then the trick is
not to include a paragraph mark in your selection. If you don't have
nonprinting marks displayed, this can be a real challenge, especially if you
have not disabled "When selecting, automatically select entire word" and/or
"Smart paragraph selection" (Tools | Options | Edit).

http://word.mvps.org

"gil" wrote in message
Hi All,

I sometimes have trouble getting the autotext Not to be formatted.
Usually if I select just the word or phrase itself and not the formatting
of the next word, it comes out as plain formatting. But not always.

Suggestions?

tia
Gil
TenSecondMedicalRecord.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gil gil is offline

Hi Suzanne, ... glad to see you're still here with the group over the years.

Yep, I'm talking about AutoText and not autocorrect.
Yep, I did not include the paragraph mark.
I tried unselecting the automatic entire word and smart paragraph selection tools

But still, it's recording the formatting too.
I still have enumerable ones that are intentionally not formatted and still work fine.
And as I check, I can still make new autotexts that are of plain format.
But there is one that just doesn't.

I think you've got me on the right track. I deleted the short cut autotext. Closed Word entirely. I then opened and re-created
it, and it's now working fine. It seems that the replace function for autotext was not working.

Thanks,
Gil

"gil" wrote in message ...
Hi All,

I sometimes have trouble getting the autotext Not to be formatted. Usually if I select just the word or phrase itself and not the
formatting of the next word, it comes out as plain formatting. But not always.

Suggestions?

tia
Gil
TenSecondMedicalRecord.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sometimes a new AutoText entry does not replace an existing one. This can be
because they're saved (with the same name) in different templates, so you
have to check on the Save location to make sure you're overwriting. If you
don't get asked whether you want to replace the existing entry, then you can
be sure that something is wrong.

http://word.mvps.org

"gil" wrote in message
Hi All,

I sometimes have trouble getting the autotext Not to be formatted.
Usually if I select just the word or phrase itself and not the
formatting of the next word, it comes out as plain formatting. But not
always.

Suggestions?

tia
Gil
TenSecondMedicalRecord.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gil gil is offline

Hi Suzanne,

I hear you about making sure you altering the right attached or added-in templates. And I was adding to the right template.

The attached template I often use is about 6 MB so its size might play a role too. At least I've got a work around and I'm happy
with that for now.

Cheers . Gil

http://www.TenSecondMedicalRecord.com, a Microsoft Word EMR using Microsoft Word, in regular use since 1990

"gil" wrote in message ...
Hi All,

I sometimes have trouble getting the autotext Not to be formatted. Usually if I select just the word or phrase itself and not
the formatting of the next word, it comes out as plain formatting. But not always.

Suggestions?

tia
Gil
TenSecondMedicalRecord.com