Joe

Default Envelopes not printing correctly

Using Word 2003 and HP LaserJet 3380, I've had no trouble printing individual
envelopes for past 7 months until about a week ago when I must have changed
the default setting. Now it seems that I've corrected the default, but the
delivery address still prints at 3.25 inches from left on "Auto" setting and
3.50 inches from left when I manually select 4.50 inches, despite the preview
showing the delivery address lined up correctly and I've chosen the proper
envelope size (#10). Any suggestions?
Carol

Hi Joe:

Try taking a look at the Envelope Address and Return Address styles. You
can then make any necessary changes by modifying the styles. I hope this has
been helpful to you.

"Joe" wrote:

Using Word 2003 and HP LaserJet 3380, I've had no trouble printing individual
envelopes for past 7 months until about a week ago when I must have changed
the default setting. Now it seems that I've corrected the default, but the
delivery address still prints at 3.25 inches from left on "Auto" setting and
3.50 inches from left when I manually select 4.50 inches, despite the preview
showing the delivery address lined up correctly and I've chosen the proper
envelope size (#10). Any suggestions?

Joe

I followed your suggestion through and didn't see how to change positioning
the mailing address. The desired font, size and caps are fine; it's just not
putting it in the right spot on the envelope despite the Preview pane showing
it correctly. Need more help while I still have hair.

"Joe" wrote:

Using Word 2003 and HP LaserJet 3380, I've had no trouble printing individual
envelopes for past 7 months until about a week ago when I must have changed
the default setting. Now it seems that I've corrected the default, but the
delivery address still prints at 3.25 inches from left on "Auto" setting and
3.50 inches from left when I manually select 4.50 inches, despite the preview
showing the delivery address lined up correctly and I've chosen the proper
envelope size (#10). Any suggestions?

The positioning of the Envelope Address style is determined by a frame; you
need to use Format | Frame. Try printing your envelope on a plain sheet of
paper to see where it's printing. You may then need to change the envelope
feed method in the Envelope Options.

"Joe" wrote:

Using Word 2003 and HP LaserJet 3380, I've had no trouble printing

individual
envelopes for past 7 months until about a week ago when I must have

changed
the default setting. Now it seems that I've corrected the default,

but the
delivery address still prints at 3.25 inches from left on "Auto"

setting and
3.50 inches from left when I manually select 4.50 inches, despite the

preview
showing the delivery address lined up correctly and I've chosen the

proper
envelope size (#10). Any suggestions?

bgarcia bgarcia is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Using Word 2003 and HP LaserJet 3380, I've had no trouble printing individual
envelopes for past 7 months until about a week ago when I must have changed
the default setting. Now it seems that I've corrected the default, but the
delivery address still prints at 3.25 inches from left on "Auto" setting and
3.50 inches from left when I manually select 4.50 inches, despite the preview
showing the delivery address lined up correctly and I've chosen the proper
envelope size (#10). Any suggestions?

I had a similar problem, mine would print the delivery address at the top of the envelpoe. It turned out to be the printer setting not my word or envelope setting. I live in the US and the printer was manufactured in Europe, so the printer default paper size was "A4", I changed it to "Letter" and I have not had a problem since. Maybe this will help.