Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DummyWord! DummyWord! is offline

Default Font from Control Panel to Microsoft Word

Hello, how do I copy/move a font which is showing in my control panel under
"font" to my font list in word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If the font is correctly installed, it should be accessible in Word too. But
note that Word ignores fonts that aren't True Type.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DummyWord!" wrote in message
Hello, how do I copy/move a font which is showing in my control panel
under
"font" to my font list in word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DummyWord![_2_] DummyWord![_2_] is offline

Hi Stefan, thanks for your reply, the font that I am after is Script which,
as we know, is widely known. I can even use it in my emails but I can't seem
to link it with my word (struggling!)

"DummyWord!" wrote:

Hello, how do I copy/move a font which is showing in my control panel under
"font" to my font list in word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As I wrote in my previous reply, Word only shows True Type fonts.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DummyWord!" wrote:

Hello, how do I copy/move a font which is showing in my control panel
under
"font" to my font list in word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Actually, Word will also display PostScript Type 1 fonts and
printer-resident fonts, but it will not show screen fonts, of which this
Script is likely one.

DummyWord! see “WD97: Some Fonts Are Not Available in Word” at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=163059

http://word.mvps.org

"DummyWord!" wrote:

Hello, how do I copy/move a font which is showing in my control panel
under
"font" to my font list in word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

DummyWord!, sorry about any confusion.

Suzanne, thank you for refreshing my memory! :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DummyWord!" wrote:

Hello, how do I copy/move a font which is showing in my control panel
under
"font" to my font list in word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Good point. I believe the KB article needs to be updated. After all, it was
written for Word 97...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP