Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
L. R.Holden L. R.Holden is offline

Default Example of an rebuttal letter for negative performance evaluation

Someone please email this information to me. Thanks bunches
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Example of an rebuttal letter for negative performance evaluation

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you with writing a rebuttal letter for a negative performance evaluation. Here are some steps you can follow:
  1. Start by thanking your supervisor for taking the time to evaluate your performance. This shows that you appreciate their feedback and are taking it seriously.
  2. Address the specific points that were mentioned in the evaluation. Be sure to provide evidence that contradicts any negative feedback you received. For example, if your supervisor said that you were frequently late to work, but you have records of being on time, mention this in your letter.
  3. Explain any extenuating circumstances that may have affected your performance. For example, if you were dealing with a personal issue that impacted your work, mention this in your letter.
  4. Provide examples of your accomplishments and successes in your role. This shows that you are a valuable employee and have contributed positively to the company.
  5. End your letter by expressing your commitment to improving your performance and asking for a follow-up meeting to discuss your progress.

Here's an example of how you could structure your letter:

Dear [Supervisor's Name],

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate my performance. I appreciate your feedback and am committed to improving my work.

I would like to address some of the points that were mentioned in the evaluation. Firstly, I would like to provide evidence that contradicts the feedback that I was frequently late to work. I have records of being on time for all of my shifts, and I am happy to provide these if needed.

Additionally, I would like to explain that I was dealing with a personal issue during the time period that the evaluation covered. While this is not an excuse for any shortcomings in my work, I believe it is important context to consider.

I would also like to highlight some of my accomplishments and successes in my role. For example, I was able to complete a project ahead of schedule and received positive feedback from clients.

Moving forward, I am committed to improving my performance and would appreciate a follow-up meeting to discuss my progress. Thank you again for your feedback and for your support.

Sincerely,
[Your Name]

__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

We don't do content - just format. You're on your own for the words.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"L. R.Holden" L. wrote in message
Someone please email this information to me. Thanks bunches

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson[_3_] Tom Ferguson[_3_] is offline

http://www.ehow.com/how_2165077_over...valuation.html
http://www.raclark.com/Candidate%20R...nceReview.html
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...earch&aq=f&oq=

Examples of Google search returns.
--

Tom Ferguson
MSMVP 1998-2007

"L. R.Holden" L. wrote in message
Someone please email this information to me. Thanks bunches

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] is offline

Good grief. You mean you don't have any personal comments for your
employees? You're gonna give 'em canned negative performances? You get the
lowest negative for not having any leadership skills.

"L. R.Holden" L. wrote in message
: Someone please email this information to me. Thanks bunches

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

No, he's looking for a way to rebut a negative evaluation. Seems to me like
only he knows the reasons (or excuses) for his "poor" performance.

http://word.mvps.org

"L. R.Holden" L. wrote in message
: Someone please email this information to me. Thanks bunches

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"Tom [Pepper] Willett" wrote in message
Good grief. You mean you don't have any personal comments for your
employees? You're gonna give 'em canned negative performances? You get the
lowest negative for not having any leadership skills.

I think the OP has HAD a negative performance review and wants to
appeal..... :-)

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] is offline

Well, I can see why he got a poor evaluation. A canned rebuttal. How quaint.

Tom
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: No, he's looking for a way to rebut a negative evaluation. Seems to me
like
: only he knows the reasons (or excuses) for his "poor" performance.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: http://word.mvps.org
:
: "Tom [Pepper] Willett" wrote in message
: ...
: Good grief. You mean you don't have any personal comments for your
: employees? You're gonna give 'em canned negative performances? You get
the
: lowest negative for not having any leadership skills.
:
: "L. R.Holden" L. wrote in message
: ...
: : Someone please email this information to me. Thanks bunches
:
:
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Sad when he wants others to come up with the words to defend his work
performance. And complete strangers at that.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Tom [Pepper] Willett" wrote in message
Good grief. You mean you don't have any personal comments for your
employees? You're gonna give 'em canned negative performances? You get
the
lowest negative for not having any leadership skills.

I think the OP has HAD a negative performance review and wants to
appeal..... :-)

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] is offline

That's indicative of why he has poor work performance.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
: Sad when he wants others to come up with the words to defend his work
: performance. And complete strangers at that.
:
: --
:
: JoAnn Paules
: MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
: Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
:
:
:
: "Gordon" wrote in message
: ...
: "Tom [Pepper] Willett" wrote in message
: ...
: Good grief. You mean you don't have any personal comments for your
: employees? You're gonna give 'em canned negative performances? You get
: the
: lowest negative for not having any leadership skills.
:
:
:
: I think the OP has HAD a negative performance review and wants to
: appeal..... :-)
:
: --
: Asking a question?
: Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
: your OS, Service Pack level
: and the FULL contents of any error message(s)
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bossmj bossmj is offline

:: "Gordon" wrote in message

: "Tom [Pepper] Willett" wrote in message
: ...
: Good grief. You mean you don't have any personal comments for your
: employees? You're gonna give 'em canned negative performances? You get
: the
: lowest negative for not having any leadership skills.
:
:
:
: I think the OP has HAD a negative performance review and wants to
: appeal..... :-)
:
: --
: Asking a question?
: Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
: your OS, Service Pack level
: and the FULL contents of any error message(s)
:

Pathetic. Truly shameful. Someone comes here in search of direction
and all you can come up with is more criticism. IF you do not how to
help him, shut the heck UP! not -

["Sad when he wants others to come up with the words to defend his
work : performance. And complete strangers at that".]

You are either middle management or mainstream tech. If you have a
degree, probably from a 2 year college. Ergo, when someone asks a
question, your support? You ask another question. [Please tell us the
version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack
level, and the FULL contents of any error message] What the heck have
these questions got to do with what is being asked? So you know pc
lingo - os, sp? Pray do tell, what is your process for mining the
error message. I shall not embarass you by asking you to articulate
it. It was just another dumb qn to get visibility.

oooo If you don't have a solution, KEEP QUIET. Good thing MVP is
something we haven't started testing for. Still just random
certification for being 'OF ASSISTANCE TO OTHERS!!!'

To the victim of these challenged IQ's, try: www.4hb.com. There, you
shall find templates you can reverse engineer to suite your situation.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

:: "Gordon" wrote in message

[...]

Err this is a TECHNICAL Word support group - NOT a letter writing service

["Sad when he wants others to come up with the words to defend his
work : performance. And complete strangers at that".]

You are either middle management or mainstream tech. If you have a
degree, probably from a 2 year college. Ergo, when someone asks a
question, your support? You ask another question. [Please tell us the
version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack
level, and the FULL contents of any error message] What the heck have
these questions got to do with what is being asked? So you know pc
lingo - os, sp? Pray do tell, what is your process for mining the
error message. I shall not embarass you by asking you to articulate
it. It was just another dumb qn to get visibility.

Perhaps the OP should go to his HR dept instead of a TECHNICAL news group.

oooo If you don't have a solution, KEEP QUIET. Good thing MVP is
something we haven't started testing for. Still just random
certification for being 'OF ASSISTANCE TO OTHERS!!!'

And who rattled YOUR cage?
And why are you responding to a thread THREE MONTHS OLD?

hdblue hdblue is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon[_4_] View Post

:: "Gordon" wrote in message

[...]

Dear friends

I like Example of an rebuttal letter for negative performance evaluation very much.

Very useful for me.

If you have some time, pls visit my blog at: Performance evaluation form
Rgs

Last edited by hdblue : January 20th 11 at 10:24 AM