msavage2000 msavage2000 is offline
Junior Member

Default Header size takes up entire page. Working with Table in document.

Using MS Word 2003 (Office)

I have a 12 page word document that we have inserted a 4 column table. We add rows to the table and type text into the row boxes as needed. There are 15 rows in the table. We insert .jpg pictures (in-line with text) and also using the Drawing Editor we insert arrows and text boxes (over text and images).
The 2nd column of the table has most of the typed text mostly in outline format as well as most of the images and drawing editor items. All the other boxes have little in them!

While trying to copy and paste a text box in the 14th row on page 12 to the 15th row on page 12. A MS Error Box popped up (report to MS or OK to Recover). I let it recover and the document came back fine except for the 1st page.
The first row of the table was now hovering over the header and some drawing editor arrows and text boxes were shifted up into the header that were orignally down in an image in the 2nd line near the bottom of the page.
When I tried to move the arrows or text boxes back down to the image they just jumped back to the top of the page. I could move them down a little at a time but once I go it close they flicked back up!
I clicked opened the header and noticed the header area (dashed box) was now all the way down to the footer area.

After playing around with ruler trying to move stuff, deleting images and text boxes, making rows smaller, etc, I decided to create 2 new blank documents and insert only the table. Document 1 had no header, Document 2 had "ABC" typed on one line in the header.
When I clicked open the headers in both documents they both had the same problem (header area down to the footer)!
For copy and paste I used ctrl-A, and ctrl-shift-arrow.

Can someone please help!
Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by msavage2000 : June 18th 10 at 01:26 PM