Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jet[_2_] Jet[_2_] is offline

Default Have to keep reconnecting merge documents

I want to create a few (12 or so) merges with Access database, but
each time
i try and use them (on memory stick always different machine) I have
reconnect them

Who ever developed the absolute addressing instead of relative
addressing
should be shot

Any clues how to work around this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I know nothing about Merge specifically, but doing it from a removable
drive is begging for trouble.

Copy whatever is on the flash drive to the hard drive you're using,
and it might work better.

On Aug 4, 8:24*am, Jet wrote:
I want to create a few (12 or so) merges with Access database, but
each time
i try and use them (on memory stick always different machine) I have
reconnect them

Who ever developed the absolute addressing instead of relative
addressing
should be shot

Any clues how to work around this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris K Chris K is offline

It's under development so I cant bolt it to any one computer at the mo -
it's no more than an absolute addressing cockup - hoping for work around

On Aug 4, 8:24 am, Jet wrote:
I want to create a few (12 or so) merges with Access database, but
each time
i try and use them (on memory stick always different machine) I have
reconnect them

Who ever developed the absolute addressing instead of relative
addressing
should be shot

Any clues how to work around this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

So copy it to the HD temporarily. Set up a location where it will always be
found, and then copy the latest version there before attempting the merge.

http://word.mvps.org

On Aug 4, 8:24 am, Jet wrote:
I want to create a few (12 or so) merges with Access database, but
each time
i try and use them (on memory stick always different machine) I have
reconnect them

Who ever developed the absolute addressing instead of relative
addressing
should be shot

Any clues how to work around this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Just copy it to the drive you're working with at the moment, and after
you're done, delete it from that drive. (Save your work to the hard
drive also, and copy the result back to the flash drive; then delete
it from the hard drive.)

Because saving to an external drive is _always_ risky.

On Aug 4, 8:24 am, Jet wrote:
I want to create a few (12 or so) merges with Access database, but
each time
i try and use them (on memory stick always different machine) I have
reconnect them

Who ever developed the absolute addressing instead of relative
addressing
should be shot

Any clues how to work around this?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris K Chris K is offline

It will ultimately be used on many machines (different paths) - shocked and
stunned I seem to be the only person, ever to develop merges for many
machines

Used code in the end

but even that seems academic now since it's been discussed/concluded that
Access form can't open Word Mail merge because of MS Word persistent pop up
message