Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andy K[_2_] Andy K[_2_] is offline

Default Set default to single space

I have Word 2003 and I can't find out how to set the default to single space.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Open your normal.dot template (don't simply click on it -- that opens
a new .doc document based on it),

make any formatting changes you want (maybe setting the Line Spacing
to Single in the Normal style will be enough to get it done for all
the styles you regularly use),

type something -- anything -- as text in the template and delete it
(in order to wake Word up so it knows there's something to save),

and close the template;

if Word doesn't ask you if it should save the changes, go back and do
it again until it's learned you made a change!

On Apr 16, 7:09*pm, Andy K wrote:
I have Word 2003 and I can't find out how to set the default to single space.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note that you usually don't have to open the Normal template to change the
Normal style. In a blank document (create one by pressing Ctrl+N), click
Format | Styles and Formatting. In the task pane, right-click the Normal
style and choose Modify. Click Format, Style and change the line spacing as
desired. Click OK. Make any other desired changes. Click "Add to template,"
and then click OK. If/when you are prompted to save the Normal template,
choose to do so.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On Apr 16, 7:09 pm, Andy K wrote:
I have Word 2003 and I can't find out how to set the default to single
space.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement