Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chopra Chopra is offline

Default Clicking on MS Word document' icon is leading to MS Office Imagingfile. How to fix?

Hello experts,

I have Windows XP and MS Word 2003. It was working fine but recently it has developed a problem. As and when, I double click a Word icon, a peculiar file opens with this message:

The selected file is not a valid Miscrosoft Office Document Imaging File

But when I open the file by pressing the right click and then selecting Open with MS Word, then the normal Word file opens. What is the problem and how to fix it.

Thank you and regards,

Chopra
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/reregisterword.htm. If it still