Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

Default Word opens all documents in one window

Word 2003 works great on most of my machines. However, I have one user that
cannot open two seperate documents without them going into a single word
window. He can use the view side by side but that doesn't work to well for
his needs. He has dual screens and wants to be able to have one document
open on one screen and another on the other. This is the way word normally
operates on all the other computers in the office except his.

He can do this just fine with excel files but my machine's excel 2003 acts
like his word 2003 and won't let me open them in seperate windows.

How can I fix this. It's very annoying for him. He's a VP and I really
need to get this fixed for him.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

You are AWESOME! It worked. I've looked all over the help file trying to
find that. Many many thanks.

"Brian" wrote in message
Word 2003 works great on most of my machines. However, I have one user

that
cannot open two seperate documents without them going into a single word
window. He can use the view side by side but that doesn't work to well

for
his needs. He has dual screens and wants to be able to have one document
open on one screen and another on the other. This is the way word

normally
operates on all the other computers in the office except his.

He can do this just fine with excel files but my machine's excel 2003 acts
like his word 2003 and won't let me open them in seperate windows.

How can I fix this. It's very annoying for him. He's a VP and I really
need to get this fixed for him.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Baer Baer is offline

I have the same problem in Word 2007. All documents open into one window. Is
there a way to have them open in separate windows?
Thanks for help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Baer Baer is offline

I have the same problem with Word 2007. Multiple documents always open into
one window. Is there a way to have them open in separate Windows?
Thanks so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word Options Advanced Display Show All Windows In TaskBar.