Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
William William is offline

Default Number formatting problem in table

I have a table that includes a cell in which the autonumbering is functioning
differently than in the other cells. I type the number in the left margin,
but when finish with that paragraph and press enter, the number and all the
text jumps to the almost the middle of the cell. When I use the tabs on the
ruler to bring the numbers and text to the left hand margin, the numbers just
disappear from view.

I also tried format painting from a cell where the numbers look like I want
them to (left margin), but the same thing happens; the text moves to the left
and the numbers disappear.

Ideas?
--
William
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Glen Glen is offline

William,
With out the document in front of me it is difficult to identify why this is
happening, so I am going to suggest a good quick fix for any similar table
formating issues.

Copy the table row that is working, and paste it below the row that the
formating is not working, delete all information in the row/ cell except for
the first line. Copy the text where the formating is not working and paste
special "unformated' in the new row/cell at the end of the first line (not on
the next line), then delete the first line of text. You may have to restart
the numbering, and fix any subbulleting, but this should work (least a 50/50
chance).

Good luck