Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
shineon shineon is offline

Default Section Page numbering not working in Word 2003

I am trying to paginate a document in Word 2003.

I want the pagination to ignore the cover page--I put a Page Section Break
after the Cover Page.
I then want the TOC in roman numerals starting with i. Got that OK

Then a section break so that the body of the document can start at 1. I
have some columns which require section breaks on page 1 (only 2)

The numbers are in the footer and I used the {PAGE} and tried plain old page
numbering.

Here is what happens.
Page 1 is Page 1 it then skips to Page 6 (section 6) a few pages later, more
skips without any section breaks in between. The numbers change again later
on, including once where it goes to a lower number! I try to delete the
footers and start from scratch and the same thing happens. I try unlinking
and then linking to previous. Same crazy numbering. And I don't see any
section breaks.

How do I fix this?

What gives with this software? Hasn't MS had time to fix it? I have spent
over an hour and a half on this and I'm really frustrated.

--
shineon