Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
memcneely memcneely is offline

Default Word 2003 - Form with Dropdown Box - Using Send to Recipient

Hi there --
I created a form using Word 2003 and saved it as .dot. In one of the fields
I inserted a dropdown box. When I send the completed form, it does not show
the selection from the dropdown. What do you think?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Did you protect the template before saving it?
Are the recipients aware that templates are used to create new documents?

memcneely wrote:
Hi there --
I created a form using Word 2003 and saved it as .dot. In one of the
fields I inserted a dropdown box. When I send the completed form, it
does not show the selection from the dropdown. What do you think?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
memcneely memcneely is offline

Hi Graham --
I unprotected and protected the template several times trying to fix it. Not
sure if when I initially saved it if it was protected (does this matter). I
am the only one utilizing the template right now until I can get the dropdown
to appear in the email. I have the template saved and create new documents
from it. The dropdown selection disappears when I do a send to mail
recipient. Thanks for your help.

memcneely wrote:
Hi there --
I created a form using Word 2003 and saved it as .dot. In one of the
fields I inserted a dropdown box. When I send the completed form, it
does not show the selection from the dropdown. What do you think?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you are trying to send the document as the body of an e-mail then that is
not going to work. You must send the form as an attachment.

memcneely wrote:
Hi there --
I created a form using Word 2003 and saved it as .dot. In one of the
fields I inserted a dropdown box. When I send the completed form, it
does not show the selection from the dropdown. What do you think?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
memcneely memcneely is offline

Thanks for the info, Graham. I will change it to a text form field since I
need it to appear in the body.

Have a great day!

memcneely wrote:
Hi there --
I created a form using Word 2003 and saved it as .dot. In one of the
fields I inserted a dropdown box. When I send the completed form, it
does not show the selection from the dropdown. What do you think?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Frankly I don't see that working either. You have no control whatsoever over
how an e-mail is opened by the recipient. Protected forms are not compatible
with e-mail formats. If you want a working form it is going to have to be an
attachment.