Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Skunk

Default Header style gets reformatted after new Level 1

Hey folks -

I've got a document that is causing me no end to frustration. I've
read through various postings but haven't specifically found this
issue.

In one section of my document, my heading styles are working as
planned. Specifically, the space between the numbering structure and
the text is as per the ruler (and style) setting.

Then, a new first-level section starts, and suddenly any fourth-level
heading below it stubbornly ceases to conform. Clearing the formatting
and re-applying the style doesn't work. If I cut and paste the text to
the previous section, the formatting is corrected, but as soon as I
paste it back, it shifts back to the incorrect format.

I hope I've provided enough detail. Is there a simple answer [other
than not using word ;-) ] ?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Try this:

Copy the offending text and paste it into a new document this way: Edit |
Paste Special | Unformatted text. Then delete the text out of your document
and replace it with the text that you pasted into the new document. Let me
know if this works for you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP