Deb B

Default LAST PAGE FOOTER

Cannot access footer on last page of document. Have tried inserting pages,
copying pages from other documents, etc. to no avail. Last page footer
always remains blank.

Header on last page, however, can be accessed and changed.
Charles Kenyon

Word does not have a "last page" header or footer setting. Do you have
section breaks in place or something else that makes your last page
different?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Deb B" Deb wrote in message
Cannot access footer on last page of document. Have tried inserting
pages,
copying pages from other documents, etc. to no avail. Last page footer
always remains blank.

Header on last page, however, can be accessed and changed.

Deb B

Actually, each page has its own distinct header and footer, and each page is
its own "section". I can access all other headers and footers, except for
the footer on the very last page of the document.

"Deb B" Deb wrote in message
Cannot access footer on last page of document. Have tried inserting
pages,
copying pages from other documents, etc. to no avail. Last page footer
always remains blank.

Header on last page, however, can be accessed and changed.

Charles Kenyon

It is _extremely_ rare for a document to need a section for every page.
About the only time I can think of is when you have alternating portrait and
landscape layouts. Chances are that you have more sections than you realize.
If you have multiple sections on a page, it can be difficult if not
impossible to reach the headers and footers in all sections. I can conceive
of your last page having a continuous section break with no text following
it. In that case, the header from the preceding section would be that page's
header while there might not be a footer available.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/sections.htm is a reference on sections but
I don't know that it addresses your problem. You can start your debugging by
displaying the section marks in your document.

What is it you are trying to accomplish with the proliferation of sections?
If it is to have different headers/footers on different pages, that need is
usually addressed well in Word with a combination of the StyleRef field and
the different first-page and different odd and even settings.
--

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Word does not have a "last page" header or footer setting. Do you have
section breaks in place or something else that makes your last page
different?
--
Charles Kenyon

Word New User FAQ & Web Directory:
http://addbalance.com/word

"Deb B" Deb wrote in message
Cannot access footer on last page of document. Have tried inserting
pages,
copying pages from other documents, etc. to no avail. Last page footer
always remains blank.

Header on last page, however, can be accessed and changed.

Deb B

Thank you, Charles, for your assistance.

First, our reports are detailed enough, with both portrait and landscape
pages being used throughout with unique header and footer data, that we found
it easiest to set each page as its own section. Therefore, for our purposes
one page = one section.

Second, upon reviewing another response from this site, I found an article
regarding sections that helped to address the
problem(http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/format...onsContent.htm).
Issue resolved as follows:

1. Inserted a new section ("new page") before last section break but after
last of typed text in document.
2. Connected headers and footers on "funky" page and newly inserted page to
the last typed page of document.
3. Selected the last three pages and made "continuous" section.
4. Deleted last two pages of document.
5. Changed new last page of document back to "new page" section.

This removed the blank page at the end that previously would not allow a
footer.

"Deb B" Deb wrote in message
Cannot access footer on last page of document. Have tried inserting
pages,
copying pages from other documents, etc. to no avail. Last page footer
always remains blank.

Header on last page, however, can be accessed and changed.

Charles Kenyon

Thanks for letting us know what worked for you. I would still urge you to
look into the StyleRef field and see if it can relieve you of some of your
section breaks, at least. The more section breaks you add to a document, the
more prone it is to confusion, if not corruption.