Les Brown

Default template for a paperback book

am writng a book need a template

Believe it or not, there is no such thing as "a template" for a paperback
book. There are potentially as many templates as there are books. You need
to design your book yourself and create a template to implement your design.
I generally look at a number of books of the same type as the one I am
designing/typesetting to get ideas. For the technical aspects, see these
articles:

How to Write a Book with MS Word
http://daiya.mvps.org/bookword.htm

Creating a Template - The Basics (Part I)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm

Creating a Template (Part II)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart2.htm

How to set up a document with front matter numbered separately
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

"Les Brown" Les wrote in message
am writng a book need a template

Shauna Kelly

Hi Les

To find templates to use in Word, try
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...s/default.aspx, or try Google.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Les Brown" Les wrote in message
am writng a book need a template

Daiya Mitchell

How to Write a Book with MS Word
http://daiya.mvps.org/bookword.htm

This article will be helpful as is, but is not yet finished--check back in a
day or so for an updated version.

Believe it or not, there is no such thing as "a template" for a paperback
book. There are potentially as many templates as there are books.

Thanks, I just added that to the article.

Daiya

Worble

This has helped me also, for about a year now, i have had documents waiting
to be put into a book, and NOW i find i have to make a template...still good
for the experiance