Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AlexGE AlexGE is offline

Default Protecting Specific Cells in a Table

I'm trying to create a table (or form) where I can protect certain cells from
having data typed into them.

I tried making a form in a table using form fields, but I need the form to
be able to expand (the way a table does when you tab through the end of it),
and can't get it to work properly copying the fields with expansion.

So, if I can just block the user from accessing certain fields within the
table, this will correct the problem and make it work the way I want to.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?QWxleEdF?=,

I'm trying to create a table (or form) where I can protect certain cells from
having data typed into them.

I tried making a form in a table using form fields, but I need the form to
be able to expand (the way a table does when you tab through the end of it),
and can't get it to work properly copying the fields with expansion.

So, if I can just block the user from accessing certain fields within the
table, this will correct the problem and make it work the way I want to.

Which version of Word are you using?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Alex,

I'm afraid there's no easy option...

Best you could do would be a macro to expand the table. I usually save the basic row
(with the form fields) as an AutoText entry. The macro unprotects, insert the
AutoText entry, makes any adjustments (such as renaming fields), then reprotects
without losing user input.

MS Word 2003

I'm trying to create a table (or form) where I can protect certain cells from
having data typed into them.

I tried making a form in a table using form fields, but I need the form to
be able to expand (the way a table does when you tab through the end of it),
and can't get it to work properly copying the fields with expansion.

So, if I can just block the user from accessing certain fields within the
table, this will correct the problem and make it work the way I want to.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Protecting Cells Baggy Tables 2 March 26th 06 11:45 PM
Protecting cells The Big Smelly Ogre Tables 2 March 2nd 06 05:31 PM
Protecting certain cells in a table HT New Users 1 September 2nd 05 06:37 AM
Select specific cells in table via macro Bill Sturdevant Microsoft Word Help 1 July 27th 05 03:01 PM
protecting cells in a table DeniseD Tables 1 February 10th 05 05:52 PM