Ansel1981 Ansel1981 is offline
Junior Member

Default Updating Table of Figures

Hey, I am trying to figure out how to have a table of figures template on one of our reporting documents where the first 5 figures will have a consistent figure title and not update to the figure caption titles. For example Figure one I want it to show "well construction" but when i update the table it says "this well construction..." How do I prevent certain figures from updating on the table and other figures updating? Is there a way to do that or to lock in a title for certain figures?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Update the Table of Figures by right-clicking on it. Choose Update Field. It
should offer two choices -- page numbers only, or entire table. If you've made
changes to the wording or formatting of the table, choose page numbers only.

--
Ansel1981