Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Ann Mary Ann is offline

Default Rich text content control Word 2007

I am creating an online form using the content controls in the Developer tab
and have have put in a rich text content control, and the protected the
document restrict formatting and editing editing restrictions set as
filling in forms.
I had thought the rich text control would allow the person who fills in the
form to format the content e.g. add bullets or make a bit bold. However, the
formatting options are greyed out, presumable because of the editing
restrictions. This seems to me to make the rich text control the same as the
plain text control.
What is the difference between the two controls and how can I allow rich
text formatting at the same time as protecting the form?
Am a bit confused !!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The "editing restrictions filling out forms" is for the legacy controls
(the old form fields), NOT for content controls. Remove that protection.

To get the same effect with content controls, select the entire document,
and in the Developer tab next to the content controls, click Group Group.
Although users can put the cursor into the protected areas outside the
content controls, they can't change anything there.

This has the advantage -- relative to forms protection -- that it doesn't
interfere with other features such as spell-check or graphics manipulations.
It has the drawback that it can't be password-protected against ungrouping.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman