Birmangirl

Default Page Numbering - Word 2003 vs Word 2000...

I'm using Word 2003 and a colleague uses Word 2000. He has a document with
Page X of Y numbering contained in a header. It displays correctly on screen
for both of us and prints correctly for me; when he prints it, instead of
seeing Page X of Y, his document prints as Page 1 of 1, Page 2 of 2 and so
on. Is this a known problem or is it a corrupt document? The field codes
appear to be normal...
TIA
Amanda
Herb Tyson [MVP]

It's a known issue. See if the following article helps clear up the problem:

Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Birmangirl" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003 and a colleague uses Word 2000. He has a document with
Page X of Y numbering contained in a header. It displays correctly on
screen
for both of us and prints correctly for me; when he prints it, instead of
seeing Page X of Y, his document prints as Page 1 of 1, Page 2 of 2 and so
on. Is this a known problem or is it a corrupt document? The field codes
appear to be normal...
TIA
Amanda

Charles Kenyon

There is a bug in Word that is different in different versions (including
different SRs).
See http://www.addbalance.com/word/pagexofy.htm or
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm for information on Page
X of Y problems. You may also want to take a look at:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.