JohnnyBoy

Default standard and formatting toolbars on two rows problem

In Word 2003 the option to have the standard and formatting toolbars on two
rows is grayed out. These toolbars are squeezed onto one line ... not great!
I've deleted the normal.dot several times but this has made no difference
and I've also un-checked these toolbars to see if this helps but no. However
I also use Word as my email editor and the toolbars are on separate rows.
Therefore what I need to be able to do is have access to the option again.
I'm not on any network therefore no group policy is in force.
Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Sm9obm55Qm95?=,

In Word 2003 the option to have the standard and formatting toolbars on two
rows is grayed out. These toolbars are squeezed onto one line ... not great!
I've deleted the normal.dot several times but this has made no difference
and I've also un-checked these toolbars to see if this helps but no. However
I also use Word as my email editor and the toolbars are on separate rows.
Therefore what I need to be able to do is have access to the option again.
I'm not on any network therefore no group policy is in force.

The word.setup.networking newsgroup would probably be the best place to ask
this. I've never heard of the problem before, but my first suggestion would be
to use Help/Detect and Repair (make sure OUTLOOK is not open and running when
you do this).

The next thing I'd try would be to deleted Word's Data key from the Registry, so
that Word generates the installation default. See the article on the
word.mvps.org website for details.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org