Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
VGT Vegas VGT Vegas is offline

Default How do I save Word 2003 doc as a .pdf?

I have Word 20003. I also have Word 97. The Word 97 version I can save,
"write" the Word files to .pdf.

The Word 2003 does not seem to have this feature. I do not remember how I
obtained the feature in Word 97.

I did purchase both software packages from software stores.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I save Word 2003 doc as a .pdf?

To save a Word 2003 document as a PDF, you will need to install a PDF converter. There are several options available, including Adobe Acrobat, CutePDF, and PDFCreator. Here are the steps to save your Word 2003 document as a PDF using Adobe Acrobat:
  1. Open your Word 2003 document.
  2. Click on "File" in the top left corner of the screen.
  3. Select "Print" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the printer selection box, choose "Adobe PDF" as the printer.
  5. Click on the "Properties" button next to the printer selection box.
  6. In the Adobe PDF Document Properties window, select the "Adobe PDF Settings" tab.
  7. Choose the appropriate settings for your PDF file, such as the page size and resolution.
  8. Click "OK" to close the Adobe PDF Document Properties window.
  9. Click "OK" again to close the Print window.
  10. In the Save As dialog box, choose a location to save your PDF file and give it a name.
  11. Click "Save" to save your Word 2003 document as a PDF.

If you do not have Adobe Acrobat, you can download and install a free PDF converter such as CutePDF or PDFCreator. Once installed, the process to save your Word 2003 document as a PDF will be similar to the steps outlined above.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Safetybill Safetybill is offline

In Word 2002 I have been able to "print" to a pdf by selecting FilePrint
and then selecting Adobe PDF from the list of printers. I am not sure if
Adobe was previously set up for me as a "printer" or if it was a default
function. Good luck.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

If you could create .pdf files in Word 97 then you had third party software.
It has been added to Office 2007 for the first time.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"VGT Vegas" VGT wrote in message
I have Word 20003. I also have Word 97. The Word 97 version I can save,
"write" the Word files to .pdf.

The Word 2003 does not seem to have this feature. I do not remember how I
obtained the feature in Word 97.

I did purchase both software packages from software stores.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You will have to add some third party PDF creation software - Acrobat or one
of its cheaper clones. SnagIt www.techsmith.com is a good choice as its
driver will create all kinds of graphic formats and is one of the handiest
tools around. PrimoPDF http://www.primopdf.com/ does the PDF function for
free.