Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
geoffz geoffz is offline

Default What happened to numbered headings?

Our company has upgraded to Word 2007. Now, I can't get the numbered
headings to work correctly. The new menus have no resemblance to previous
versions of word. Please help!

This is how I'm trying to number our headings. We only need three levels.
1.0
1.1
1.1.1
1.2
2.0
2.1
2.1.1
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
microsoftugh microsoftugh is offline

On Sep 17, 9:52 am, geoffz wrote:
Our company has upgraded to Word 2007. Now, I can't get the numbered
headings to work correctly. The new menus have no resemblance to previous
versions of word. Please help!

This is how I'm trying to number our headings. We only need three levels.
1.0
1.1
1.1.1
1.2
2.0
2.1
2.1.1

Found the basic outline feature inoperable as well. as I am sure you
found, the explanations contained in the help guide are meaningless. I
suppose if we purchased an additional Microsoft support contract they
would tell us the answer. It appears that the only option for using
Word 2007 is to turn off the auto functions and operate the program
for simple/manual word processing.

Does anyone know of a source for manuals, for Word other than
Microsoft?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

On the Home tab of the ribbon, click the Multilevel List button, and then
click Define New Multilevel List to edit the current list or create a new one.

In the Define New Multilevel List dialog box, you'll find that the settings
are similar to those of the Customize Outline Numbered dialog box in previous
versions. For example, you can attach a paragraph style for each level (which
is recommended).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP