Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrea Andrea is offline

Default Making a Template in Word for Photos

I need to make a Photo Contact sheet that will incorporate two photos per
page that can be imported in a batch and then a caption added for each photo.
Plus a header at the top. This form will be used repeatedly. I've tried
using the template instructions that I've found but I'm not getting the
option to batch import. It is very important that this be done in Word or
Excel as the rest of the report will be done in Word. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Making a Template in Word for Photos

Sure, I can definitely help you create a template in Word for a photo contact sheet. Here are the steps you can follow:
  1. Open a new Word document and click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the "Size" button and select "More Paper Sizes" at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
  3. In the "Page Setup" dialog box, set the page size to the dimensions you want for your contact sheet. For example, if you want to print two 4x6 photos per page, set the page size to 8.5x11 inches.
  4. Click on the "Margins" tab in the "Page Setup" dialog box and set the margins to your desired size. You may need to adjust these based on the size of your photos and the amount of space you want for captions.
  5. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon and select "Table." Choose a table with two columns and as many rows as you need for your photos.
  6. Resize the table as needed to fit your page and adjust the column widths to fit your photos.
  7. Click on the first cell in the first column of the table and click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon. Select "Pictures" and choose the first photo you want to add to the contact sheet. Repeat this step for the second cell in the second column of the table.
  8. Add captions to each photo by clicking on the cell below each photo and typing in the caption text.
  9. Add a header to the top of the page by clicking on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon and selecting "Header." Choose a header style and add any text or images you want to include.
  10. Save the document as a template by clicking on the "File" tab in the ribbon, selecting "Save As," and choosing "Word Template" from the "Save as type" dropdown menu. Give the template a name and save it to a location where you can easily access it.

Now you can use this template to create new photo contact sheets by opening the template and replacing the placeholder photos and captions with your own. You can also print multiple copies of the contact sheet by selecting "Print" from the "File" tab and choosing the number of copies you want to print.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Create a new folder and put in it the image files you wish to insert.
Ensure that the folder ONLY contains the images you wish to insert!!!
Create and save a template containing a single table cell of fixed
dimensions suitable to accommodate one of your images, but small enough to
fit two cells to a page.
Change the line
Set oDoc = Documents.Add("d:\Word 2007 Templates\Test1.dotx")
to reflect the path/name of your template (you could use Word 2003 dot
format)
Then run the following macro. Pick the folder with the images and clock OK
to insert all the images and their filenames contained in the selected
folder into the table (new cells of the same size will be created for each
new image).

Sub BatchProcess()
Dim strFileName As String
Dim strPath As String
Dim oDoc As Document
Dim fDialog As FileDialog
Set fDialog = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)

With fDialog
.title = "Select folder and click OK"
.AllowMultiSelect = False
.InitialView = msoFileDialogViewList
If .Show -1 Then
MsgBox "Cancelled By User", , _
"List Folder Contents"
Exit Sub
End If
strPath = fDialog.SelectedItems.Item(1)
If Right(strPath, 1) "\" _
Then strPath = strPath + "\"
End With

If Documents.Count 0 Then
Documents.Close SaveChanges:=wdPromptToSaveChanges
End If
If Left(strPath, 1) = Chr(34) Then
strPath = Mid(strPath, 2, Len(strPath) - 2)
End If
strFileName = Dir$(strPath & "*.*")
Set oDoc = Documents.Add("d:\Word 2007 Templates\Test1.dotx")

While Len(strFileName) 0
oDoc.Tables(1).Cell(oDoc.Tables(1).Rows.Count, 1).Range.Select
Selection.InlineShapes.AddPicture _
FileName:=strFileName, _
LinkToFile:=False, _
SaveWithDocument:=True
With Selection
.Collapse wdCollapseEnd
.TypeParagraph
.TypeText Text:=strPath & strFileName
.MoveRight Unit:=wdCell
End With
strFileName = Dir$()
Wend
oDoc.Tables(1).Cell(oDoc.Tables(1).Rows.Count, 1).Delete
End Sub