Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sandy G. Sandy G. is offline

Default Set up auto text in 2007 and then create auto text entries

I have just installed Word 2007. I am a medical transcriptionist and I used
Auto Text in my former version all the time to speed up my work. It used to
be accessed the same as auto correct but now the auto text feature is gone.
I have spent hours trying to find auto text in 2007. I found a way to
display the auto text button on the toolbar but it doesn't allow me to create
an entry. I really need help with this as my livelihood depends on it.
Thank you so much for any help you can give me....Sandy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fredrik E. Nilsen Fredrik E. Nilsen is offline

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 15:23:00 -0700, Sandy G. Sandy
wrote:

I have just installed Word 2007. I am a medical transcriptionist and I used
Auto Text in my former version all the time to speed up my work. It used to
be accessed the same as auto correct but now the auto text feature is gone.
I have spent hours trying to find auto text in 2007. I found a way to
display the auto text button on the toolbar but it doesn't allow me to create
an entry. I really need help with this as my livelihood depends on it.
Thank you so much for any help you can give me....Sandy

When you click the Auto text button you should see the option "Save
Selection to Auto Text Gallery" at the bottom. You can also use the
shortcut Alt+F3. Be sure to select the Auto Text Gallery in the
dialogue box.

--
Fredrik E. Nilsen
http://fenilsen.wordpress.com
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Word 2007, AutoText is a special case of building blocks, which can be
accessed in many different ways. You can see the properties of any building
block via Insert tab | Quick Parts | Building Blocks Organizer, and you can
also insert a building block via that dialog box.

To create an AutoText entry from the current selection, you can use Insert
tab | Quick Parts | Save Selection to Quick Part Gallery, or just press
Alt+F3 as in previous versions. Make sure to choose "AutoText" for
"Gallery." Also, you can still assign keyboard shortcuts to an AutoText
entry (or to any building block) via the Customize Keyboard dialog box.

Note, however, that AutoComplete is no longer supported for AutoText. You
can type the name of an AutoText entry and then press F3 to insert it, but a
more convenient solution might be to make use of AutoCorrect entries
(possibly formatted) instead; these still work the same as in older versions
of Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP