Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diana Diana is offline

Default Remove United States of America from inside adress in Word 2002

I am using the letter wizard in Word to enter contacts from Outlook into a
saved letterhead file. It's adding United States of America at the end of
the address, even though I can't find that anywhere in the contact or the
letter wizard. Is there a way to remove that, without having to do it every
time I use the wizard?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If your regional setting in Windows is set to United States, the United
States shouldn't be added to inserted PostalAddress fields, however see
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm in conjunction with the following
modified macro:

Public Sub InsertAddressFromOutlook()
Dim strCode As String
Dim strCountry As String
Dim strAddress As String
Dim iDoubleCR As Integer

'Set up the formatting codes in strCode
strCode = "{PR_DISPLAY_NAME_PREFIX }PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME" & vbCr
strCode = strCode & "PR_COMPANY_NAME" & vbCr
strCode = strCode & "PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS" & vbCr
strCountry = "PR_COUNTRY"

'Let the user choose the name in Outlook
strAddress = Application.GetAddress("", _
strCode, False, 1, , , True, True)
If strAddress = "" Then
MsgBox "User cancelled or no address listed", , "Cancel"
Exit Sub
End If
strCountry = Application.GetAddress("", strCountry, _
False, 2, , , True, True)

'Strip away the final "United States Of America", if any
If InStr(strCountry, "United States") Then
strAddress = Left(strAddress, Len(strAddress) - 25)
End If

'Eliminate blank lines by looking for two carriage returns in a row
iDoubleCR = InStr(strAddress, vbCr & vbCr)
While iDoubleCR 0
strAddress = Left(strAddress, iDoubleCR - 1) & _
Mid(strAddress, iDoubleCR + 1)
iDoubleCR = InStr(strAddress, vbCr & vbCr)
Wend
Selection.TypeText strAddress
End Sub

Diana wrote:
I am using the letter wizard in Word to enter contacts from Outlook
into a saved letterhead file. It's adding United States of America
at the end of the address, even though I can't find that anywhere in
the contact or the letter wizard. Is there a way to remove that,
without having to do it every time I use the wizard?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diana Diana is offline

Default Remove United States of America from inside adress in Word 200

Thanks, that helps. Where is the regional setting in Windows?