Automatic capitalization

Default How do I stop automatic capitalization?

Certain words like Allies are automatically capitalized. How do I stop that?
Jay Freedman

Automatic capitalization wrote:
Certain words like Allies are automatically capitalized. How do I
stop that?

If this happens every time you type the word, even in the middle of a line,
then you probably have an AutoCorrect entry for that word. Select that entry
in the Tools AutoCorrect Options dialog and click the Delete button.

If it happens only at the beginning of a line, then it's the AutoFormat As
You Type option "Capitalize first word of sentence". Uncheck that option.

In either case, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm
for more help.

--
Regards,