Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Biocellguy Biocellguy is offline

Default Symbol disappearance

I have an Excel table in Word 2002 with male and female symbols. The symbols
can be pasted into Word and when I open the Excel file, they are recognized.
When I close the Excel table, the symbols are replaced with "?." What should
I do so the symbols can be seen?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Are the orginal symbols in Excel in WingDing font or somesuch font?
When pasted into Word the font has been lost, reapply the font to the
necessary cells and your symbols shouild return.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Biocellguy" wrote:

I have an Excel table in Word 2002 with male and female symbols. The symbols
can be pasted into Word and when I open the Excel file, they are recognized.
When I close the Excel table, the symbols are replaced with "?." What should
I do so the symbols can be seen?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Biocellguy Biocellguy is offline

It is under "Miscellaneous Dingbats" in Symbol. Inserting the symbols into
the Word document shows them correctly and when I open the Excel table inside
Word the symbols are visible. However, when, I "close" the Excel editing,
Word displays the symbols as question marks (?). Even if I try to reinsert
the symbols, the same things occur.

"Biocellguy" wrote:

I have an Excel table in Word 2002 with male and female symbols. The symbols
can be pasted into Word and when I open the Excel file, they are recognized.
When I close the Excel table, the symbols are replaced with "?." What should
I do so the symbols can be seen?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Sorry I don't know why this is happening; with my linked Excel tables, the
symbols still remain after Excel close.
Hopefuly someone else may jump in here with a solution.
Best of luck
DeanH