Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default read only

Bashing Microsoft here will not get you more sympathy or help. No one here
is a Microsoft employee, so you are not talking to MS, despite what you
might think. All of us here are fellow users. We may have our problems, too,
and we don't all love or defend everything that MS or Word does, but our
purpose for being here is to help people solve their problems, not to listen
to complaints.

"Yoshioka" wrote in message
Ooh no I dont thk ur wedios infact u have been very helpful, as to me

typing
in Caps is there a computer law which say typing in Cap is consider

yelling
or rude? I dont thk so if there is well prove it? As to me bein rude I

dont
have a problem with u its flipping Microsoft I have th problem with we all

no
they make complicated software which is programmed not to do certain

things
sometime. So we have to go out & buy more of there software!!! as u think
English is not my first language WELL UR WRONG ON THAT IF U R NOT AWEAR
ALREADY THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS A MONGRAL LANGUAGE JUST LIKE ME thank u

for
helpin me yesturday

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Oh no! Not WERDIOS! I don't want someone to think I'm a WERDIO! (Like it
would be the first time.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It is obvious that English is not Yoshioka's first language, so he/she

may
not be aware how rude he/she is being even without the caps. But I

think
general density is at issue here, too. IOW, we're wasting our time.

Pretty
soon he/she will conclude that we are "WERDIOS."

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
Why? One a file is on a disk, you can't just change that file. The

file
MUST
be on your hard drive for you to change it.

And by the way, posting in capital letters is considered yelling. And
since
you are requesting help, that would be detrimental to that purpose.

As a
matter of fact, that would be rude. You don't want us to think you

are
rude,
do you?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Yoshioka" wrote in message
WELL FLIPPING MICROSOFT NEED A KICKUP THE BACKSIDE THEN

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Is the file saved on your hard drive or are you trying to change

an
attribute of a file that's on a CD? If so, that can't be done.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Yoshioka" wrote in message
I think I done what u have told me but it say an error occured
applyin
attributed to file
Assess is denied

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Selected the filename in Windows Explorer, right-clicked and

chosen
Properties, then cleared the Read Only check box?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"ChrisM" wrote in message
When you say you have tried 'Everything' to 'turn off'

ReadOnly
on
your
document,
Exactly WHAT things have you tried?

Restarted Word?
Restarted your computer?
Restarted your server(if you have one)?
Checked the file permissions on your file?
Made a copy of the file and tried opening that?
anything else??

Cheers,

ChrisM.

"Yoshioka" wrote in

message
Thank you, But I am really think when it come to computer!
please
you
tell
me
what you mean by "Please define "everything".

Best regards

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Please define "everything".

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Yoshioka" wrote in
message
I have tryed everthing to take off read only on my word

Doc,
can
anyone
help
me?
thank you

read only Joan Microsoft Word Help 0 June 1st 06 11:03 PM
Opening file as read only Adrian H Microsoft Word Help 2 April 6th 06 04:58 PM
Document opening as read only when it hasn't been saved as read on Barbara Microsoft Word Help 0 November 16th 05 11:06 AM
A document that isn't read only, randomly opens as read only? Barbara Microsoft Word Help 0 November 15th 05 01:15 PM
Word opening files Read Only when not Nate Weldon Microsoft Word Help 1 January 21st 05 02:37 AM