Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
iain

Default How do I reduce width of table of contents fit smaller page size?

I need to make my A4 document into 6"x9". When I do this all the document
contents are well handled, except for the table of contents, which runs over
the right of the page. Example: 'Section
abc............................................... ..........'
The dots run off the end of the page, so the page numbers for the sections
can't be seen.
I've tried deleting and recreating the TOC from the document outline, but
the same results occur, with the TOC running off the right of the page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Unfortunately, the right tab in the TOC styles is set dynamically when you
first create the TOC and does not respond to changes in page width. You'll
have to edit the tabs explicitly; go to Format | Tabs and change the setting
or drag the tab marker on the ruler. You'll need to do this for one
paragraph at each level, but, provided the TOC styles are still set to
update automatically, doing it for one paragraph should affect all.