Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb Barb is offline

Default Tracking accepted changes

Word 2003

I have a bit of a 'different' tracking changes question.

I have a document that was created to be 'Protected' with 'Track Changes'
turned on. This document is updated by our 'outside' person.

My manager then accepts or deletes these changes.

I need to be able to go in and 'see' what changes where
accepted/deleted/changed and create a list of these changes and also what
date they were done.

In other threads, everyone wants this turned OFF, but I want to be able to
'see' who made the change and who accepted/deleted/changed the changes. My
understanding is that once the change has been 'accepted' it no longer shows
up anywhere.

Hope this makes sense, but unfortunately, I think I'm asking too much from
Microsoft.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

You are correct, once a change has been accepted then it is no longer
tracked. Now, if you have a copy of the document that has the changes
before they were accepted/rejected you might be able to use the
Tools/Compare and Merge command and compare your copy with that of the
accepted version to find the differences. You won't see the date the
changes were made but at least you should get something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Barb" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb Barb is offline

Thanks Beth,

I think then, the next best thing would be to print out the "List of Markup"
to show what was changed before it gets accepted.

"Barb" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I agree, that would be the best solution if you can implement it. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Barb" wrote in message
[...]

Track changes so that view does not show tracking but print does Frankie Microsoft Word Help 1 December 24th 05 02:19 PM
Tracking Options Dave Leer New Users 1 August 16th 05 02:40 PM
Turning Tracking Off Jimmy Microsoft Word Help 4 July 26th 05 11:04 PM
Doc turns on "Tracking" & view "Markup" for others Jim Page Layout 3 April 6th 05 01:25 AM
Garbage at end of document Lexisch Microsoft Word Help 2 December 2nd 04 08:35 PM