Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dogmatix Dogmatix is offline

Default Trying to get rid of 3rd party toolbar

Hi!

I have Word 2003 running under Windows XP. I recently installed a
third-party software called Stampit, which is a franked label printing
program from the Germany Post Office, and this program has also
integrated itself into Word (didn't ask me; just did it). Anyway, one
manifestation of this is a small, two-icon toolbar, which try as I
might I can't get rid of. Under "customize" I can empty it, or close
it, or delete it from the list of tool bars, but next time I start
Word, there it is again, on a row all to itself. I tried saving
"normal.dot" after customizing it away, but it came back.

This is similar to a LabelWriter icon in my standard toolbar, which
always comes back, no matter what I do to get rid of it.

I thought perhaps that some template or macro is re-creating these
things on startup, but I cannot find any such thing. There is no new
macro, Word's Startup folder is empty.

Any ideas, anyone, on what is going on? How do these things keep coming
back?

--
Dogmatix

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dogmatix[_2_] Dogmatix[_2_] is offline

Thanks! It was hiding as a COM add-in, and I have got rid of it! Thanks
again!

--
Dogmatix