Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
C.Beckley

Default How do I print a list of all my files on my C drive?

I need to print a list of the names and "addresses" of all the Word files on
my C drive...is there a way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TonySper

Go to START RUN type in CMD press enter. A DOS window will open.
Now type DIR LPT1 and press the enter key. If you have to printer on
the USB port you have to set that up so it captures the LPT1 port.
Assuming you are using WinXP
In the port setup, check "Enable Printing pooling" and then check LPT1
in addition to the real port.
This allows DOS-programs to print to a USB-printer via LPT1
TonySper

"C.Beckley" wrote in message
I need to print a list of the names and "addresses" of all the Word
files on
my C drive...is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Al

"TonySper" wrote in news:NirGf.2973$697.268
@bignews3.bellsouth.net:

"C.Beckley" wrote in message
I need to print a list of the names and "addresses" of all the Word
files on
my C drive...is there a way to do this?

This is not correct.
This would give ALL files in current directory only.
At the Dos prompt type:
cd\ (enter) this will put you at the root directory, then type
Dir *.doc wordfiles /B /S (enter) (*.doc restricts the dir to Word
files; the /B suppresses all summary info; the /S includes all
subdirectories.) The will create a file in the root directory named
wordfiles.txt. This can then be opened by Word for editing or printing.
Al

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If by names and addresses, you mean filenames and paths and not the names
and addresses contained in the documents then a simple method is to use the
freeware PrintFolders utility linked from the downloads page of my web site