Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sara Sara is offline

Default Locking text together

Hello,

Is there a way to lock text together to ensure proper formatting?
For example:
Please sign on Page 2.

We would like to lock Page 2 together, so if more typing occurs prior to the
sentence the number 2 would not be on the next line (improper business
formatting).
Thank you for your time.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You must have selected the text before you typed the nonbreaking space
character! Just type the nonbreaking space character instead of the
normal space character.

"Sara" wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way to lock text together to ensure proper formatting? *
For example:
Please sign on Page 2. *

We would like to lock Page 2 together, so if more typing occurs prior to the
sentence the number 2 would not be on the next line (improper business
formatting).
Thank you for your time.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

No... select only the space between 'Page' and '2', not the whole thing.
When you press Ctrl+Shift+spacebar, that inserts a 'nonbreaking space'
character, which makes 'Page 2' act like a single word. As usual, it
replaces whatever is selected -- so only the regular space character should
be selected.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman