Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Geek & Graphix Geek & Graphix is offline

Default Restrict formatting changes but allow the ability to highlight

Hi,

I am having trouble with a template that I a creating. I have set the
styles I want in the template and have locked it so that no other formatting
of text styles can be used, however, I do need to allow users to highlight
portions of text that need to be reviewed. Is there a way to lock the
present styles in but allow the highlight button to remain active? What I am
finding now is that once I lock the document all of the text options
(including highlighting) becomes greyed out.

Thank you for your help
CatherineW
--
Geek & Graphix
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As far as I know, if you want to use highlighting in a protected document,
you must turn off "Limit formatting to a selection of styles" and then set
"Editing restrictions" to "Tracked changes" or "Comments" (but note that in
the latter case you won't be able to edit the text).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Geek & Graphix" wrote in message
Hi,

I am having trouble with a template that I a creating. I have set the
styles I want in the template and have locked it so that no other
formatting
of text styles can be used, however, I do need to allow users to highlight
portions of text that need to be reviewed. Is there a way to lock the
present styles in but allow the highlight button to remain active? What I
am
finding now is that once I lock the document all of the text options
(including highlighting) becomes greyed out.

Thank you for your help
CatherineW
--
Geek & Graphix

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Clarification: If you use the "Comments" option, only the text to which you
add comments will be highlighted.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP