Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
carmelita lamb carmelita lamb is offline

Default custom margins will not apply to document

I have a large document that needs to have specific margins. I have 2007
Windows XP software. What happens is that I go to custom margins, type in
what I need, pull down the "apply to entire document" command, click OK, and
the document stays the say. I have the doc with the view margins option on,
and the gid lines show the correct margins, but the text is out of the margin
on the left side throughout the entire piece. the doc has to be bound....

any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Check the paragraph (normal or body text, etc.) for a negative indent.
Modify the style to change it to zero. Or if the text is in tables,
textboxes, or frames, modify the width and position to match your margins.

Pam C