Ken Roller

Default Can I keep the cursor on the screen when switching from Show to Hi

I use a lot of "Invisible" characters. When I go from "Show" to "Hide" (the
backward "P" thing) my cursor (and my place in the doc) goes flying off the
screen to who knows where.

Is there a way to keep the cursor on the screen?

Thanks for your help. :-)
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?S2VuIFJvbGxlcg==?=,

I use a lot of "Invisible" characters. When I go from "Show" to "Hide" (the
backward "P" thing) my cursor (and my place in the doc) goes flying off the
screen to who knows where.

Is there a way to keep the cursor on the screen?

The newest versions of Word seem to do a better job with this than older ones,
but it's still a problem. I usually press the left or right arrow key to get
the focus back to where the cursor is.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Ken Roller

Hi, Cindy,

Thanks for the comeback. :-)

The problem is far worse than I think you imagine. The displayed will jump
sometimes SEVERAL pages, not just several lines. I thought you might have a
grandly simple answer to a very vexing problem, but it only works if you're
on the same page. In my case, the cursor seems to jump randomly to the top or
bottom of the page that the computer has expanded to, and gives me NO IDEA
where I'd been typing. :-(

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?S2VuIFJvbGxlcg==?=,

I use a lot of "Invisible" characters. When I go from "Show" to "Hide" (the
backward "P" thing) my cursor (and my place in the doc) goes flying off the
screen to who knows where.

Is there a way to keep the cursor on the screen?

The newest versions of Word seem to do a better job with this than older ones,
but it's still a problem. I usually press the left or right arrow key to get
the focus back to where the cursor is.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?S2VuIFJvbGxlcg==?=,

The problem is far worse than I think you imagine. The displayed will jump
sometimes SEVERAL pages, not just several lines. I thought you might have a
grandly simple answer to a very vexing problem, but it only works if you're
on the same page. In my case, the cursor seems to jump randomly to the top or
bottom of the page that the computer has expanded to, and gives me NO IDEA
where I'd been typing. :-(

Oh, I understand the problem, all right. I experience it myself, regularly. But
moving the cursor usually works. If left/right doesn't work for you, how about
up/down?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org