Alasdair Baxter

Default Frames in Word 2000

I am setting up a letterhead in Microsoft Word 2000. I am putting the
various parts such as the address in frames. I also have created
blank frames for putting in the reference number and the date.

Suppose I insert the date in the blank frame towards the right hand
side of the page and the reference number in another frame towards the
left.

Now, suppose I move the frame containing the reference number
vertically upwards, I find that the date disappears and I cannot get
that frame back.

Any Word experts out there who can help me please?
--

Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

"It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

Alasdair Baxter

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:55:11 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

I would advise against using frames for this purpose. I don't see that
you're accomplishing anything that can't be achieved with paragraph
formatting.

Please, how can I find out how to do what I want to using paragraph
formatting? I want to be able to place blocks of text and spaces for
blocks of text on various parts of the page and make sure they won't
be moved when I insert other text on the page.

--

Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

"It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

Even frames may well move if you insert text before the paragraph to which
they are anchored. The information you mentioned sounded like text that
would be at the beginning of a letter, where it is unlikely anything else
would be inserted above it.

wrote:

I would advise against using frames for this purpose. I don't see that
you're accomplishing anything that can't be achieved with paragraph
formatting.

Please, how can I find out how to do what I want to using paragraph
formatting? I want to be able to place blocks of text and spaces for
blocks of text on various parts of the page and make sure they won't
be moved when I insert other text on the page.

--

Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

"It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

Alasdair Baxter

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 22:09:03 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Even frames may well move if you insert text before the paragraph to which
they are anchored. The information you mentioned sounded like text that
would be at the beginning of a letter, where it is unlikely anything else
would be inserted above it.

How does one weigh anchor in this context so that the frame is not
anchored to any paragraph? I could send you the page I am trying to
modify but I don't think binary attachments are permitted on this
newsgroup Please advise me.

--

Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

"It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

Frames must always be anchored to a paragraph, but you can fix their
position relative to the page rather than relative to the paragraph (in the
Format Frame dialog).

wrote:

Even frames may well move if you insert text before the paragraph to

which
they are anchored. The information you mentioned sounded like text that
would be at the beginning of a letter, where it is unlikely anything else
would be inserted above it.

How does one weigh anchor in this context so that the frame is not
anchored to any paragraph? I could send you the page I am trying to
modify but I don't think binary attachments are permitted on this
newsgroup Please advise me.

--

Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

"It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

How can I divide a page into three sections? Bonnie Microsoft Word Help 3 May 8th 23 02:47 AM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
saving the workspace Mike Microsoft Word Help 3 December 8th 04 11:32 PM
Working several docs at the same time with Word 2000 Frode Hjønnevåg Microsoft Word Help 2 December 2nd 04 07:25 PM